General Class Information for Fall 20/21 Term:
FALL TERM: Monday August 31, 2020 - Saturday February 13, 2021
Listed below information on dress code, missed classes, term holidays and parking!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Special rules are still in effect in the studio due to Covid-19:
- Students should arrive only 10 minutes before class begins. Teachers will pick up all students at the front door of the building.
- Please bring your dancers in their dance clothes to the studio. Teachers will assist all dancers in preparation for class.
- Parents are not allowed to wait in the studio,
- We understand some new students might be apprehensive about leaving their parents at the door but all dancers must be able to enter the studio with their class and not with a parent. It helps if you talk with your dancer before classes begin and assure them that you will be waiting outside for them.
- The waiting room is closed.
- The dressing room is closed.
- Please do not block the driveway and parking lot when waiting for your child. We ask that all parents wait on the front lawn in front of the studio. This will allow cars and delivery trucks to enter the area.
- Teachers will bring the entire class out of the building after class.
Water bottle: Please bring a water bottle for your child with their name on it. Please make sure to put your child's name in the their dance shoes, on clothing and water bottle.
Missed classes & Make ups: If your child needs to miss class due to illness they are able to make up the class. Please make sure to email me at least 24 hours in advance to let me know which class your child will be attending so I can make sure I have enough space in the class, costumes, coloring pages and stickers. The make up must be done within the term.
Parents watching class: I am occasionally asked by a parent if they can sit in and watch the class especially at the beginning of the term if their child is new and unsure. If your child needs reassurance you are there, you can tell them that you will be waiting in the waiting area for them. With the exception on Little Stars your child needs to be able to be in the class without you there. Please understand that with this age group it is difficult to have one parent in the room without it being a distraction to the other children therefor I have a strict closed door policy. If you have any questions about this and would like to discuss I am happy to set up a time to chat. I thank you in advance for your understanding. All parents are invited into the class room before the holiday break in December for a class demo.
Term Holidays: The studio will be closed for holidays on the following dates:
Monday October 5 - Sunday October 18, 2020
Monday December 21 - Sunday January 3, 2021
Parking: This is important information for all new students. Parking at the studio is limited so please give yourself time to find parking in the surrounding area if no spaces are available in the lot. Please only park in the guest parking spaces (there are three) or Studio Quint's parking spot. Please DO NOT park in any of the other spaces even if you are only running in to drop off your child. Parking issues causes stress for us in the studio so we really appreciate your corporation. If you have any questions please ask us! Public Transportation: The 145 and 142 bus stops 1/2 a block away.