General Class Information:
FALL TERM : Monday August30, 2021 - Saturday February 12, 2022
Listed below information on dress code, missed classes, term holidays and parking!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Special rules are still in effect in the studio due to Covid-19:
As you might already know, the government announced new rules regarding Covid-19. All of our kids classes are able at this point to run normally. Teachers are now wearing mask during the entire class. They are also keeping as much distance as possible in class with young children and of course are making sure everyones hands are sanitised before entering the classroom. Luckily the kids seems to be comfortable seeing us now in masks, as it is the new normal for now. We are very thankful to be able to keep classes running, as it is so important for kids to be able move and dance during this special time.
We ask that you wear masks while waiting in the parking lot for your student before and after class. Please avoid standing in large groups outside of the studio.
- Students should arrive only 10 minutes before class begins. Teachers will pick up all students at the front door of the building.
- Please bring your dancers in their dance clothes to the studio. Teachers will assist all dancers in preparation for class.
- Parents are not allowed to wait in the studio,
- We understand some new students might be apprehensive about leaving their parents at the door but all dancers must be able to enter the studio with their class and not with a parent. It helps if you talk with your dancer before classes begin and assure them that you will be waiting outside for them.
- The waiting room is closed.
- The dressing room is closed.
- Please do not block the driveway and parking lot when waiting for your child. We ask that all parents wait on the front lawn in front of the studio. This will allow cars and delivery trucks to enter the area.
- Teachers will bring the entire class out of the building after class.
Adult classes: Classes are still running with a limited number of attendees. Each week dancers will let their teacher know in advance if they plan to attend the class. Once the size limit is reached the class is closed that week. All participants in studio classes and the teachers have to wear masks the entire time they are in the studio, including during class. We recommend that you wear the thin mask, so that you are able breath easier. We are also back on ZOOM for all adult classes which anyone is welcome to attend. If you would like to join one of our classes from home, please contact us directly!
Water bottle: Please bring a water bottle for your child with their name on it. Please make sure to put your child's name in the their dance shoes, on clothing and water bottle.
Missed classes & Make ups: If your child needs to miss class due to illness they are able to make up the class. Please make sure to email our studio manager Andrea () at least 24 hours in advance to let us know which class your child will be attending.
Parents watching class: I am occasionally asked by a parent if they can sit in and watch the class especially at the beginning of the term if their child is new and unsure. If your child needs reassurance you are there, you can tell them that you will be waiting in the waiting area for them. With the exception on Little Stars your child needs to be able to be in the class without you there. Please understand that with this age group it is difficult to have one parent in the room without it being a distraction to the other children therefor I have a strict closed door policy. If you have any questions about this and would like to discuss I am happy to set up a time to chat. I thank you in advance for your understanding. All parents are invited into the class room before the holiday break in December for a class demo.
Term Holidays: The studio will be closed for holidays on the following dates:
Monday Ocktober 11 to Sudnay 23, 2022 (Fall Break)
Monday December 13, 2021 to Sunday January, 2 2022 (Christmas break)
Monday February 14 to Sunday February 27, 2022 (Winter break)
Parking: This is important information for all new students. Parking at the studio is limited so please give yourself time to find parking in the surrounding area if no spaces are available in the lot. Please only park in the guest parking spaces (there are three) or Studio Quint's parking spot. Please DO NOT park in any of the other spaces even if you are only running in to drop off your child. Parking issues causes stress for us in the studio so we really appreciate your corporation. If you have any questions please ask us! Public Transportation: The 145 and 142 bus stops 1/2 a block away.